Narsim's Blog

This is my first personal blog, i post my personal details regarding my life and some experiences i've had had so far

Friday, November 25, 2005

Its Raining Rain

This has been a phenomenal year for the southern parts of India. More so
for Chennai, and its surrounding areas. In the small insignificant life so
far, I have never seen so much rain. It was nothing spectacular, but the
results were there for everyone to see.

It was drizzling most of the daytime, but rained pretty heavily into the
night and wee hours. Chennaites are used to this drizzling but, not the kind
that sustains for more than a day or two.
Now that was the surprising part. Within a 40 hour window, we were caught
unawares and rest is history as we all came to know. I was one of a few of
the least affected, but my heart reaches out for the unfortunate souls. I
guess we were all fortunate in some ways, that it was not as bad as it
happened in Mumbai a while back. In that scenario, Chennai would have been
marooned to say the least.

Too little or too much, I guess both pretty much give the same result, i
guess. This blog may been too late to be appreciated, but it still is
pretty fresh in my mind (and quite a few more I am sure), and to bring home
the point! - the rainy season is not over yet for Chennai. Hope the worst
is history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home